Credit unions were developed more than one hundred years ago to offer everyday people a low-cost alternative to banks. 当钱很难赚到的时候, individuals began pooling their money together to make loans to one another. Thus, the credit union movement was born. 今天, credit unions have evolved into full-service financial institutions, 皇冠365app下载的会员还在存钱. There are many reasons why you need a credit union, here are our top ten:
- 所有权. Each credit union member has equal ownership and one vote—regardless of how much money a member has on deposit. At a credit union, every customer is both a member and an owner.
- 非营利性. Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives. We exist to serve our members, not to make a profit. Unlike most other financial institutions, credit unions do not issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. 而不是, earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower loan rates, higher interest on deposits and lower fees.
- 税收. Credit unions do pay taxes – payroll taxes, sales taxes, and property taxes. Congress exempts credit unions from federal income taxes. The exemption was established in 1937, affirmed by statute in 1951, and re-affirmed in 1998 in H.R. 1151, the Credit Union Membership Access Act, which states:
“信用合作社, unlike many other participants in the financial services market, are exempt from Federal and most State taxes because credit unions are member-owned, 民主的, not-for-profit organizations generally managed by volunteer Boards of Directors and because they have the specified mission of meeting the credit and savings needs of consumers, 尤指收入微薄的人.”
- 志愿者的董事会. Each credit union is governed by a Board of Directors, elected by and from the credit union’s membership. 董事会成员自愿任职.
- 服务是皇冠365app下载的第一要务. The credit union motto is, “Not for profit, not for charity, but for service.根据最近的一项研究 全国信用社协会, credit unions nationwide have ranked number one in consumer satisfaction for 21 years in a row.
- 皇冠365app下载是一个金融合作社. 作为一个金融合作社, you pool your money with other members to make loans and pay dividends to one another. By opening savings accounts and getting loans, you make the credit union stronger and better able to improve services.
- 皇冠365app下载的费用更低. Most bank fees account for nearly one-third of their profit. Being credit unions are founded on the philosophy of “people helping people,” they strive to avoid feeing members for services when possible.
- 你会得到有竞争力的价格. Low loan rates and high dividend rates are commonplace at credit unions. That’s because we’re not here to make a profit, we’re here to serve our members.
- 你会省钱. The 全国信用社协会 estimates that credit union members save around $8 billion per year over their banking counterparts through better interest rates and reduced fees.
- 皇冠365app下载相信金融教育. With a strong tradition of member education, credit unions strive to help members become more financially literate and independent.
除了这些好处, 大多数信用社, 例如MMFCU, operate as full-service financial institutions, offering their members the same services as banks, 但是没有那么多的费用. So consider MMFCU for all your financial needs—You’ve got a lot to gain!